27 au 29 mai 2020 - Symposium on Coupled Problems in Material Mechanics at EMMC17 - Madrid
We would like to draw your attention to the following symposium at the 17th European Mechanics of Materials Conference (EMMC17) to be held in Madrid, May 27-29, 2020:
S9: Coupled Problems in Material Mechanics
which aims to gather scientists working across a variety of material systems to share recent advances in the modelling and simulation of multiphysics and coupled-field problems in solid mechanics. Experimental approaches in direct relation with model identification and validation are also welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Thermo-mechanical, electro-mechanical, or magneto-mechanical couplings;
- Mass transport and chemical reactions in solids;
- Soft active materials, including elastomers, gels and biological tissues;
- Scale-bridging and homogenization strategies for coupled problems;
- Computational methods for coupled problems.
The deadline for submitting an abstract is December 3, 2019.
Please refer to the conference website for details:
We look forward to meeting you in Madrid.
Laurence Brassart, University of Oxford
Antonio J. Gil, University of Swansea