May 16 - 18, 2018 - 9th Contact Mechanics International Symposium - Sanctuary of Oropa - Biella, Italy
Following the tradition of CMIS symposia, the aim of this symposium is to gather researchers from the mathematical and engineering communities working on various aspects of contact mechanics, using theoretical, experimental and computational approaches. The series of CMIS symposia started in 1992 in Lausanne. The selection of locations has always been carried out with the idea of providing a quiet and confidential environment to encourage exchanges of ideas among the participants.
Abstract submission for the Symposium is now opened untill January 19, 2018.
As usual, the congress addresses a wide panorama of topics in the area of contact mechanics in order to reinforce the interactions and collaborations between various communities:
- Models, interface laws,wear, tribological modeling, cohesive zone models, rolling;
- Emerging computational approaches: methods, algorithms and numerical analysis;
- Mathematical analysis;
- Dynamic contact problems, instabilities;
- Micromechanics of contact and multiscale approaches;
- Multiphysics and thermomechanical coupling;
- Granular materials and rigid bodies;
- Contact modeling in mechanical and civil engineering, biomechanics and geomechanics.
CMIS history:Lausanne, Switzerland, 1992
Carry Le Rouet, France, 1994
Peniche, Portugal, 2001
Hannover, Germany, 2005
Chania, Greece, 2009
Cargese, France, 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 2014
Warsaw, Poland on May 11-13, 2016
Oropa (Biella), Italy, May 16-18, 2018
You can find all the main information here: CMIS2018.unisalento.it.